I’m Cassandra. I never really know what to write in about me sections on websites or how to introduce myself. So instead of a traditional about me, I’m going to give you a list of 21 things about me for 2021.
- I’m in my early 30s.
- I have a Master of Science in Information which is an ALA (American Library Association) accredited degree for librarians.
- I moved back to Missouri in 2019 after five years in Florida.
- I am currently working as a receptionist.
- I discovered my love for walking outside during the pandemic.
- I take a lot of nature photos, especially sunset ones.
- I am currently becoming a runner. Despite being slow and probably looking as though I’m going to pass out, I’m enjoying it.
- I was a heavy reader in school, but in college I stopped. My mom introduced me to Twilight in 2009. I read the first book entirely in one day. I read the rest of the series over the next couple days, then immediately reread the first book. While I don’t feel the same way about the series now as I did then, it still holds a special place in my heart because it got me back into reading as an adult.
- I like both coffee and tea, but I don’t drink either on a regular basis.
- I am currently on a weight loss / better health journey.
- I listen to a wide variety of music, but the lyrics are really what matters the most to me most of the time.
- I truly enjoy talking to others, but I am very socially awkward. I get anxious, and then I freeze up and my mind blanks. I am usually very quiet around people I don’t know even when I’d love for them to talk to me.
- I have panic attacks. Fewer lately, but at certain times in my life they can be very overwhelming.
- I have a fear of medical things and dying. I think this is mostly because I feel I haven’t really lived my life in a way I am content with.
- I live in a tiny micro-studio apartment, and I love it.
- I enjoy getting to know people by doing rapid fire questions.
- I collect quotes and poems. I have multiple Pinterest boards of them.
- Most of what I read is fantasy, romance, or poetry with some self-help books. I dislike classics or books with long descriptions about places or characters.
- I don’t visualize characters well at all. I can see settings, but the characters are just non-distinct blobs. It’s like an essence that I just instinctively know is the character. I also usually am the main character. I rarely visualize anything for the main character because it’s me.
- I would like to write a book someday.
- I used to always love winter, but now that I enjoy walking outside, I don’t like the shorter days.
I know blogs are supposed to do better if you find your niche and stick to it. I’m not going to do that, so you’ll get a mix of lots of topics from my life. I’m sure it will mostly feature books, but I won’t limit it at this point in time. Welcome to a little bit of my world. I hope you’ll stick around.